This is Mostly a Photo Dump

Thursday, May 15, 2014


I'm not sure what this post is; it's mostly miscellaneous updates about what we've been doing lately illustrated with pictures from my phone. Consider yourself forewarned :)

1. House Progress

Now that the basement apartment is complete and rented, we've moved on to the garage and rest of the basement. Hopefully we can move into the basement apartment ourselves in the fall.

David decided to work on the garage first and then go downstairs again. Today he is putting up the insulation but previously he was putting 2 by 4s on the existing 2 by 4s to make them deeper. This way we could put in thicker insulation that will keep the garage (and the room under it) nice and warm during the winter months.

Here's how it looks right now:
Hatch Happenings

Hatch Happenings Hatch Happenings

I think David is enjoying outfitting the garage the way he likes it. It's been a great opportunity to clean it out and know what we have in there.
Hatch Happenings

2. Post Graduation High

This picture illustrates life after graduation for me. I have time to laugh about random things they sell in the grocery store while I'm out shopping. I'm not the stressed girl thinking about the piles of assignments that are left for me to do when I get home. So yeah- random frog = graduation euphoria.
Hatch Happenings

3. Gardening Greenies

When my family was here in April they helped me put in a great garden with tomatoes, peppers, onions, and cilantro. But Utah is serious when it says don't plant until Mother's day.

Here's what happened for a day pretty soon after they left:
 Hatch Happenings

But David and I replaced some of the plants and salvaged some others. And we've recently noticed tiny sprouts from some of our seeds that survived the cold. Hopefully we'll have a real salsa garden to pick from fairly soon. (The rest of these details are mostly for my dad and anyone else who cares to hear a detailed garden description ;)

Hatch Happenings

Hatch Happenings
Time to weed yet again- that big green thing isn't progress, it's an invader.

Hatch Happenings
This is the blueberry bush we planted fairly close to the fence. We realize we're going to need another one for cross-pollination.

Hatch Happenings
The grapes have been growing pretty rapidly since my mom pruned them.

Hatch Happenings
We actually think two out of the three tomatoes survived the snow after David inspected them closely. We bought the big one on the left but the one on the right is a post-storm tomato. But it's green so it's alive right?

Hatch Happenings
Our lone pepper plant- David uses these in his yummy salsa so we got a replacement.

Hatch Happenings
I counted the seeds out but then these little shoots started coming up and every time we go out there after work I get super excited to check on them.


5. General Conference Throwback

Cody and Markie had the Hatch cousins up to Markie's parents house in Midway for a session of conference. After dinner we took a walk and they showed us this crazy place I didn't know even existed.

It's called the "Homestead Crater" and it looks like a big random hill from the outside. On the inside you can look up and see the sky or look down at all the people swimming or scuba diving in the warm water inside the crater.

Hatch Happenings Hatch Happenings         Hatch Happenings 
Here's a picture I found online of the outside of the crater. It was fun to check it out; if you're ever in Midway you too can explore the crater.

So that's about what we're up to. Sometimes it's kind of anticlimactic to explain life mostly consists of work, gardening, renovating and grocery shopping (mostly me) but for some reason I think life with David couldn't get much more fun.

You Might Also Like

0 comments