Front Room Plan

Friday, October 13, 2017

Well avid followers (hi mom), we did it! We got ourselves all moved into the new house and now the real fun begins. Updating this house will probably be a process that takes years and goes in stops and starts. But we definitely have momentum right now and so we're going to ride that wave. Okay if I'm being honest, I have momentum right now and David is constantly motivated because he's superman.

We kind of fell into starting with the front room because we don't own any furniture for it. I guess the exception is the piano we inherited from the last house, but that's living in the garage until I refinish it. I didn't take any pictures of the front room before we started working on it so here are the pictures from the seller's listing.


LISTING PICTURES:





The people before us were apparently avid fan owners. There are five ceiling fans in this house. There's a fan above the island which I've never seen before. Unfortunately they're all really nice too so we're kind of reluctant to replace them with pretty light fixtures. The current plan is to live here through a summer and see how much use they get and then decide. 

Basically this front room will be our more formal living room with our piano. Because of that we formulated a plan to make it a more modern formal living space. Here's my mood board:



GAME PLAN:

 

Here's my insta-story explanation of our current status (I'm a professional DIY-er obvs). Our plan is to tear down the unnecessary ledge, patch the drywall, extend the hickory hardwood from the entry into the room, paint and then add the wainscoting. We won't be doing the hardwood ourselves but all the rest we will.


Then we'll have a gorgeous empty front room until I refinish the piano (I'm scared of this project) and we save for fun furniture. I'm excited to bring this house forward from it's 90's origin and make it feel like our style.

You Might Also Like

0 comments