Scottlyn's First Christmas

Saturday, January 28, 2017


Christmas break started off in Utah, the Thursday before Christmas Sunday. David had his work party at Fat Cats bowling. Our team of four (plus Scotty) took second place. I preformed above my average because David told them I usually bowled 90+ and I felt pressure to make it happen, haha.
Ten or more hours in the car with Scotty isn't ideal. She's really chill and does well in the car but that long in a car is hard for anyone, let alone a baby. We figured that driving at night should be easier for her because at least that's when she's supposed to be asleep so being trapped in a car seat wouldn't make as much of a difference. 

So we left Salt Lake, went home and packed and hit the road, planning to stop in Vegas or St. George. Luckily, it being a Thursday there wasn't much traffic and we got a great rate with the Hotel Tonight app at the Ramada in St. George. 

We made it to California in good time and Scotty was an angel. She LOVED meeting Grandma and Grandpa's cat and I think it's what got her to really get the hang of crawling.

Friday we all went down to the Natural History Museum and explored there. My favorite part was, of course, the gem room. 
I always love checking out my birth stone.
This was the main attraction in the safe.
David loved looking at the piles of gold on display.
Scotty enjoyed all the attention from uncles and grandparents. She won't even remember all the first grandchild perks she's getting but it's cute to see. Here she is imitating Uncle Gage.
My favorite sign, haha.
David did his over the shoulder carry to give her a break from the stroller and she loved it.
These two are best buddies and I love it so much.

This is how I imagined our family would look if we weren't careful with all the yummy treats everyone kept dropping by my parents house. 
Christmas morning we didn't open presents immediately. We got ready for church and ate a yummy breakfast my mom had prepared.
We did the traditional picture on the stairs after church before we got changed and started opening presents.
Scotty enjoyed her first stocking Grandma made for her.
Other fun memories from Christmas 2016 are Scotty getting sink baths from Grandma, going to the LA farmers market and getting yummy brazilian food, the Northridge escape room as a family, hiking at William S. Hart Park, visiting Hatch's in Brea, going to the Santa Monica pier, having fun at the BYU vs. LMU game and eating at Zankou Chicken.
Scotty was spoiled by everyone and it was so fun to start Christmas's with kids! I can't wait to see her next year at Christmas when she'll understand a little more about presents and playing with cousins.

SaveSave

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. She is SOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am glad your trip went well.

    ReplyDelete