Being a Nostalgic Cheeseball

Thursday, May 11, 2017

The plan is to move to Salt Lake County in the next few months in order to be closer to David's office. The upside is huge and I'm really excited to get the house ready to list but I'm also sad about this chapter closing.


We've lived in this house the majority of our married life. I still can't believe we took on this project kind of on a whim. I was still in school and David put countless hours into finishing the basement. The house was an awesome source of extra income and our snug basement apartment became home.

We brought Scotty home here (here is not this cardboard box, I just realized these pictures of David & Scotty playing in the yard make it seem like we're hobos, ha). This is where she learned to crawl and then walk. This yard was the first place she sat on the grass. She got to be daddy's assistant on projects outside the back door since we were renting the garage.
I'm going to miss our neighborhood, our friends, our doctors, our neighbors. I like being so close to the mall and Costco. I love Utah Valley Regional Hospital. We really enjoy having so much family live in Utah County.
I like seeing the Y on the mountain and the temple on the hill. I used to think this place was for college students but I was wrong. The opportunities we've enjoyed here extend far beyond our four years of school.
I like living in a smaller space because there's less to keep track of, less to keep clean. I like knowing the names of the mountains that surround the valley and I like know what the view from the top looks like. I like seeing them from the driveway and admiring the beauty of the view.
I love seeing this crazy, sometime messy, baby explore and learn here.
David and I were talking about what we'd do if the other person died (does anyone else have morbid conversations like this, haha) and I told him I'd probably have to live here forever if he did. He thought I was crazy but I explained that I couldn't leave a place where he'd poured steps and built walls.

But I'm sure our next adventure will bring just as many memories and things to love but for now I'm a little nostalgic for the place where we got our start.



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love the pictures. We're so excited for this new chapter in your lives and hope all goes well.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Fun to hear your reminiscings. Your new place will also be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete