Tales from the Pantry + Baby Boy Room Update

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

I'm slowly getting baby boy's room together. I had to pause because we budget and with David and I both doing projects, we hit our home improvement limit pretty early on in the month. So when you run out of paint and money... you clean out and organize your pantry and plan that future project out instead, ha.

Pantry Phase 1

I listened to a podcast and they had the girls from @thehomeedit on. They do celebrity pantries and make them gorgeous. The tips I applied were: 1. You have to actually take everything out of the pantry. 2. If you like a more clean, open look you've got to put less stuff in the pantry.

So here's us over midway through clearing out the pantry. I did not take an embarrassing before picture where it was overflowing with food.

It looked like the pantry exploded all over the kitchen but it was helpful. I didn't realize how much duplicate food storage type items I had. I moved a lot of food to our downstairs food storage- cue intense braxton hicks, opps. 

Then I grouped like things together and labeled where I would put the baskets of those things... also coming sometime soon because Christmas is not the time to buy IKEA storage baskets and a few glass jars for easy sugar and flour access. Dollar tree didn't have what I was looking for sadly. 



I also mounted the broom and finally fixed on my grocery bag dispenser to the wall and I love how clear the floor is in there!

I have grand dreams of eventually covering the shelves in white contact paper and wallpapering the back walls of this pantry one day.  I basically want to make it such a happy place I'll want to live in there. Mark my words, I will make it happen... just maybe not for like 2 to 5 years. Or maybe in four months in a fit a of postpartum ambition and craziness. You just never know. #onlythehormonesknow

BABY BOY ROOM

I'm at this exciting place where basically I need to follow through on getting the decor next month, wash all his little clothes (eek!) and we have a baby's room. Oh yeah, and somehow figure out my toddler's room because the crib and the recliner are moving to baby boy's room. Don't even get me started on the toddler bed vs. twin debate.

BEFORE




CURRENTLY - No hearts!!


The light was gorgeous the day I took the before pictures, but I promise the new gray is really pretty too.


David suggested ditching the blinds altogether and I'm actually happy to. I get kind of nervous hearing stories about kids getting strangled in blind cords. Scotty loves climbing up on the ledge and playing with the cord. I'd rather just do a curtain and if we need more light blocking then I can line the curtain or we can get a shade that rolls down.


This was after I pinned the curtains pre-hemming. I also sewed the loops shorter because the curtains didn't cover the window arch all the way before. 

I love the difference the gray owl makes- it's so much lighter and the subtle blue undertones work so well in the boy nursery. Let's not talk about how scary it would be if he turned out to be a girl and we were just looking at a finger in the ultrasound, bahaha.


You Might Also Like

0 comments