No Harder Decisions Than Hardware Decisions

Saturday, June 29, 2019

So the kids bathroom remodel is finally rolling! I got the light fixture up, the board & batten is done, the mirror is framed and now I'm working on repainting the vanity white.


The vibe I want is a playful, modern, colorful coastal- think Pencil Shavings studio (below).


I really, really wanted to do brushed brass hardware because I've been itching to use it. But a couple things stopped me: the light fixture is galvanized steel and the faucets are polished silver. I didn't think mixing all three metals and only the hardware being gold would work very well.

When you mix metals, typically it's best to have a couple different finishes coordinate. For example, doing a brass light fixture and brass hardware with a black faucet.


The farmhouse-y choice would be to just do oil rubbed bronze/black hardware but I don't want to go farmhouse style. So I felt like the best option would be not to mix metals (just finishes) and stick with the silver to give it the coastal vibe. The bold fun won't come from the brass but from the wallpaper & art instead.

After some research here were my "dream" hardware choices:
Basically if I were made of money I'd just shop at Schoolhouse exclusively. Opps I just drooled on the keyboard a little. 


The two inspo shots (this one is from Studio Mcgee) with the white vanities and silver/glass knobs convinced me I was on the right track with my silver gut reaction. So I searched and searched for a budget option glass knob because I just didn't feel like putting $10+ knob hardware on a 28 year old vanity. Or selling a kidney...

Here's a mood board including what I ordered and we'll all see if it's a hit or miss when I get it all up:

Design House Vanity Light | $49.75

Franklin Straight Bar Pull | $14.96 for 10

Cosmas Clear Glass Knob | $5.96 per knob





You Might Also Like

0 comments