Work Trips, New Roof and Being Famous

Monday, November 10, 2014


October flew by with its projects, activities and work trips and now we're fully enjoying November. Here's a quick run down of our action-packed and sometimes hilarious October.

The Alpine Loop

The Sunday after my birthday we decided to drive the Alpine Loop and see the fall colors. It was kind of late in the season, but it was still pretty.
Hatch Happenings
Here's David locking up on his way out wearing his blue ensemble- he made my birthday weekend so fun with a relaxed birthday Saturday and this fun Sunday drive. 
Hatch Happenings '
Hatch Happenings
It was a little breezy with the sunroof and windows open but we had a good time with it.
Hatch Happenings Hatch Happenings Hatch Happenings

Halloween
Hatch Happenings
David and I went for year 2 of our Doctor Who costumes. I think I'm going to change mine up next year because I'm not feeling very festive. David did a great job being in charge of getting all prizes for the games the young men were running and helping with the games.


Work Trips

David and I both had work trips in October. David went to Kansas City for a week and I went to Denver for a day. David went to check out a new complex his company just purchased.
Hatch Happenings
Here are a couple of David's co-workers/bosses.

Hatch Happenings

Hatch Happenings
They all "walked the units" with checklists so they know what improvements need to be made and figure out the cost. It took a week with travel to walk all the units and meet all the people they needed to.

My trip was completely different, I left really early in the morning and carpooled with my coworker to the airport. We visited our two Denver clinics and saw what our newly built out space looked like. Then went to lunch downtown.
Hatch Happenings

Hatch Happenings
Downtown was surprising really clean and nice. It felt a little cleaner than Salt Lake even. I texted David that Denver was beautiful and that we should move there after driving through some really pretty suburban areas and seeing downtown.

Hatch Happenings
My co-workers walking to the restaurant. We all wore scrubs and I felt very clinical for a marketing person. It was nice to travel in clothes that felt like pajamas though.

Hatch Happenings
After lunch it was time to head back to the airport to catch my flight home.

Hatch Happenings
I was waiting in the security line and couldn't resist photographing a grown woman who had fuzzy balls attached to her socks. It's not quite on par with the lady who wore a raccoon tail on What Not To Wear, but it's still a little off.

Hatch Happenings
When David picked me up that evening in Salt Lake he commented that it didn't even feel like I went anywhere- haha!

New Roof

There was some heavy wind-driven rain and then there was a leak. Well... there was a couple small leaks so we took the plunge and got a new roof.

Hatch Happenings
David scoured KSL and got the best deal possible, which was good. Unfortunately they ended up having to replace some of the plywood on the roof as well.
Hatch Happenings
They filled up an entire dumpster with the old wood shake tiles. We think they are original to the house.

Hatch Happenings

Hatch Happenings  
Hatch Happenings
Hopefully the new roof will make renting the house that much easier!


American Fork Hospital Fame

David and I were driving to the Mt. Timpanogos temple and I look over at the newly added-on to American Fork Hospital and BAM! I yell, "Oh my gosh David, I'm on the hospital!!" I had forgotten my previous boss at Intermountain had mentioned I was going to be on some signage at AF. But I didn't think it was going to be a huge window sticker that's a couple stories high!

The last day of my summer internship, I had helped with some stock photography shoots and had played an ER patient. And now my moment of patient-hood is on the front of the hospital. Luckily my hair is covering half of my face- haha.
Hatch Happenings

Hatch Happenings
   

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I have always wanted to live in the Denver area too! Nice photo on the hospital.

    ReplyDelete