A tale of some hair and date night

Sunday, February 10, 2013


Facial hair to be exact. As you may remember David was growing a beard. That lasted for a while and then it was irritating him so he decided to try his hand (or rather his face) at a gotee again. I had strong reservations based on some previous pictures about the gotee, however I'm happy to report I actually liked the gotee on him.

exhibit a: the gotee

I told him I realized that he could probably grow any variation of facial hair and I would still think he was the handsomest guy around (*disclaimer: that doesn't mean he should grow any variation of facial hair, just that my affection and attraction were not conditional).

So then the gotee got old and it was irritating him too so he went down to the last phase: a mustache. As a BYU student who is on campus all day, I see a bunch of guys with mustaches. BYU's honor code doesn't allow beards so mustaches run rampant as the guys who wish to exercise their right to grow facial hair. But let's get real here- all the hipsters do it.

Seriously, if you see a cardigan, skinny jeans, some black framed glasses on a guy, the likelihood of finding a mustache perched on an upper lip must increase by 90% at BYU. So when David shaved off his gotee leaving just his stache, all I could think was HIPSTER!

So of course I suggested dressing up as hipsters and going to Roll Up Crepes (a low key hipster hangout).
Us being poser hipsters, like the nerds we are. We discussed underground indie bands, the instagram user @dirtychickendance, and how expensive our clothing was.
 We threw in a valentines theme as well. So we were valentine hipster posers. This is the part where you should be like, woah Laura cool it with the themes. Haha I can't help it.
And David's mustache made quite the impression at church today- nobody said anything to him but I talked to a girl in relief society who said she and her husband noticed and then the ward secretary asked me about it.

It's funny to realize that your appearance makes impressions on people and can say things about you. Anyways, we are just having fun being silly together and playing up his facial hair whims. Bottom line: being married is great because you have someone to nerd out with you all the time. It's just priceless.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. So so great. This goatee is exponentially better than his previous one for surezies... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! I love the way you write! You guys are so fun!

    ReplyDelete