The festivities

Sunday, February 24, 2013


My mom was the person who really got the entire wedding together. Seriously "planning" a wedding out of state means your mom is slaving away for months. But she did throw a party- I know I was dead tired by the end of the night.

Tesoro Clubhouse


Here's the spread. I had guacamole from this caterer at another wedding and loved it. Like I could live off this for the rest of my life status. So I was so excited to have this caterer do the tacos at our wedding. Plus it kind of worked- mustaches for me and tacos for my man who lived in Mexico.








Though I was adamant about not having a Christmas themed wedding (it's California, there's no snow to run with), a few holiday decorations did sneak in.




Seriously I was in love with this cake. When I walked into the reception and saw it I think I gasped and said, "It looks like it's from pinterest." It was gorgeous.


But the wedding cake was not the only cake around. David's big reception contribution was his awesome suggestion to have table cakes. They double as dessert and center pieces. I liked the idea because I wanted the reception to be fun and interactive. From all reports the chocolate was divine and everyone had fun with it.










Photo booth prop fun:








Fun scenes from around the reception and the line:









 I promise I'm happy here, I'm pretty sure I was just tired of smiling so much.














The cake cutting. I'm not the only one who was tired at this point, haha David looks thrilled.













Cue guests diving into the table cakes:
















Then we did a daddy-daughter, mother-son dance with it switching halfway through the song to spouses. Watch the progression of what actually happened:













Then the Adele song we were dancing to stopped. We paused thinking that there were technical difficulties. Then over the speakers we hear the notorious, "Oppan Gangnam Style."



This is my reaction to getting flash-mobbed by my crazy cousins doing the Gangnam Style dance. They called it operation #hatchtag













My dad and Leslie trying to imitate Psy's crazy side leg shimmy.




Then we were like "Um, this was great- thanks everyone. LET'S LEAVE!" But I had to do one last thing. For the ladies. Toss that bouquet.














It was amazing whirlwind. David and I loved it but decided that we are so glad you only have one wedding. Because it was pretty draining, physically and emotionally. We were so glad that everyone came and supported us, it made the day memorable and lovely. I think our lasting memory of that day will be scenes of love.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love all your pictures! Thank you so much for posting them. It was such a happy day for all of us too. We love you both very much! Sandra

    ReplyDelete