We're Basically Professionals

Saturday, June 01, 2013


David came up to me today and told me he thinks he should quit his job and I shouldn't go back to school in the fall because we are so good at disc golf we should pursue a joint career.

.... hahahaha, just kidding. After the crazy disc golf game we recently played that's not even close to the realm of reality. David was actually the one who introduced me to disc golf- the first time we went we were dating or engaged, I don't remember. But once I figured out it was a sport where I didn't have to run and we got to walk around a pretty park, I was sold. We've gone a couple times now this spring and though we may have improved a bit, I wouldn't say we've mastered the sport by any means.

So to continue our playing outside trend, we headed to Bicentennial Park in south Provo to play some disc golf again.
Hatch Happenings Disc Golf
This time though, we did it for FHE with Karl and Amanda (yay cousin doubles). They had some discs from their wedding and we have a couple too and it's gorgeous outside in Provo now- finally!
Hatch Happenings Disc Golf
Hatch Happenings Disc Golf

Hatch Happenings Disc Golf
I love this tree, it's my favorite part about this park. This picture does not do justice to its massiveness.

Hatch Happenings Disc Golf
Concentrate, concentrate! I'm pretty sure I came in last due to a couple holes where it took me like seven tries to get the stinkin' disc in the basket, haha.
Hatch Happenings Disc Golf
Most of the course was fairly uneventful. Until this one part of the course that bends slightly and there is a grove of trees to the left. David's disc got stuck up in a tree and since we only have two discs, he had to go retrieve it.

Hatch Happenings Disc Golf

Hatch Happenings Disc Golf
The entire time, I was worried the branches the was climbing weren't sturdy enough but he did eventually manage to shake the disc down. It was seriously perfect positioned across two branches so it was not shaken down easily. I'm not sure which sight was more impressive- David climbing up or down the tree.

But in spite of that little hiccup David actually got a hole in two the last drive which was about 200 feet and he was also the overall winner. This won't be our last disc golf game, but I'm sure hoping it will be the last where any tree climbing is involved. 





You Might Also Like

0 comments