Spring Adventures

Friday, June 05, 2015


Work hard, play hard was definitely a theme of our Spring 2015. Looking back I can't believe all the fun things we got to do!

Phoenix Work Trip
Hatch Happenings 
I went to Phoenix and Tucson for a quick work trip. Last year I decided my company should participate at the Ultimate Women's Expo at the Phoenix Convention Center so this time I got to go and see it for myself! It was fun, I got my hair done by the hair school booth and enjoyed at looking at all the cute booths people set up. We were giving away free laser treatments to get people in the door. 

Hatch Happenings
We used this really cool app, Hotel Tonight, to find swanky hotels in Phoenix at amazing prices. This was a super nice one until...
Hatch Happenings 
My co-worker found some silky granny panties in the bottom of her bed!! There was much shrieking by us at this point. I laughed until my co-worker pointed out they probably hadn't changed my sheets either. It was a gross/hilarious experience.

DIY Painting

I got a country french bedroom set from my grandma (well technically my mom gave it to me) when my grandma passed away. We really like it, but the dark shiny veneer need a little updating, so w're currently in the process of painting all the pieces white. If it would stop raining on Saturdays we would make faster progress.


Hatch Happenings 
Hatch Happenings

 David learned this amazing trick- you just buy a can of Rustoleum spray. A lot of people use it repaint kitchen cabinets. I'm still amazed at how good it looks! No brush strokes, complete coverage and you barely have to sand at all. 


Hatch Happenings  


Battle Creek Falls Hike


Jake, David's cousin, invited us on a triple date to Battle Creek Falls in Pleasant Grove. It's a super quick hike up to the waterfall and the weather was perfect when we went.

Hatch Happenings Hatch Happenings Hatch Happenings
View from the top.  The fun part about these falls is that it's super easy to get to the top and bottom so you get to enjoy both views.
Hatch Happenings
David hanging out next to the top of the waterfall.
Hatch Happenings Hatch Happenings Hatch Happenings
I'm going to be awful when we have kids with the whole heights thing- even though David's not even dangerous looking over the edge here it freaks me out. Seriously I think my worst nightmare would be a family vacation to the grand canyon with little kids. 
Hatch Happenings
Jake and his girl were crazies and ran under the waterfall together. 
Hatch Happenings Hatch Happenings
The guys quickly started being adventurous and throwing rocks at other rocks to smash them. I caught some slow motion video of a rock smash. 
Hatch Happenings




Grassroots Shakespeare In the Park


Hatch Happenings

And when we were on a disc golf double date with Johanna, my old roommate, and her BF, Jordan, we saw a stage being set up and found out there was a free Grassroots Shakespeare performance of Julius Caesar. It turned out to be an all-girl performance and it was really enjoyable. 

I caught the random dance at the end- David said this video makes the show look like a roadshow performance but it was too funny not to share. Check it out:




You Might Also Like

0 comments