Tandem Is Better

Monday, August 24, 2015


David being the genius that he is suggested a fun activity - we rent a tandem bike and ride down the Provo river trial to Utah lake and back. We rented the bike at BYU Outdoors unlimited and off we went.

This was my view for most the ride. I've ridden a tandem bike before with a cousin and I was able to be on the front and back. The person in front steers and breaks and the person in the back helps pedal. 

But we found out I wasn't able to keep us balanced because David weighs too much more than me, so I was on the back during our ride. It took a little bit to trust him; you have absolutely no control on the back but he's a great driver so it got fun pretty fast.

David showed me around where Jake got his car stuck on the rocks at Utah Lake. I'd never been to or in Utah Lake but after looking at the water I was pretty sure I never wanted to either.





We turned music on with David's phone and stuck it in an outside pocket in his pack and had a relaxing ride looking at the river and people around us.


We forgot about what a bike does to your bum after an extended period of time but overall it was the perfect Saturday activity. I'm glad I have such a fun husband to do stuff with :)








You Might Also Like

0 comments