Pregnancy Flashbacks - Gender Reveal

Wednesday, November 04, 2015


We're having a great time over here. Life has been mostly same as usually except I'm currently struggling with buttoning my pants. Okay, lets get real, they don't really button. I can't believe I'm in the second trimester and that I'm starting to feel baby flutters (daily!!!!).

I thought I was going to be super cute and on top of it and post updates consistently but then I got an awesome new job and I'm slacking here. But here are the couple updates I did manage: 




For a little bit I was able to forget I was pregnant after I found out. I mean, you don't show and I was barely sick and it just doesn't seem real. But I've gotten to a point where I feel nauseous pretty much all the time. But I feel like the word nauseous is misleading. When you're sick with the flu and nauseous, it's a feeling that starts in your stomach. You feel like if you empty out your stomach it will feel better. But with "morning" (ha) sickness it feels like I'm just fighting the urge to gag but my stomach feel completely fine. So overall it's not a fun sensation but it's really way better than feeling sick. I do feel nauseous when we drive now, but I just feel like gaging the rest of the time.

And what is with this insane sense of smell? I was shopping down the bread isle and all of the sudden it felt like 100 loaves of bread were under my nose and I was inhaling deeply, which for some reason made me feel like gagging times 100. It blows my mind that I'm currently incubating a bunch of cells which are multiplying like crazy and causing the weirdest things to happen to me.

David is already being a super supportive partner which is no surprise. I wouldn't want to do this with anyone else. I forgot to pack lunch and he brought me Chick-Fil-A because the gaggy-ness was getting intense. I know he's really busy and focused at work and him being willing to grab me food was so sweet- so of course I took a picture like the sappy person am I.




This picture is misleading because I just ate a huge dinner and then took this, I'm not really showing. Mornings are the only times that can be a little tough. I rush to get something in my stomach because I feel sick but I know the cure is food in my stomach. I choke down the cereal, lay down for a while and then feel great when I get to work. Can't wait the few more weeks it takes to feel awesome (supposedly).

It's still not feeling super real yet. Every Dr.'s appointment when I get to hear the heartbeat I get re-excited and awakened to the fact this is actually happening.



Conference weekend - 13 Weeks

Right at the brink of the second trimester and feeling better! 

Halloween Ultrasound - 17 Weeks

After chugging a bunch of sugar to getting the bean jumping, it looked like it still didn't help as the baby had no problem flailing arms, twisting around, and wiggling in general but would not show us the goods. Looks like we are having a very modest kid, as they kept their legs crossed at all times. It's kind of weird trying so hard to get a peek at someone's genitals. I'm sure I won't be as excited when I change diapers in the middle of the night in a few months. But we think we got a good enough peek to feel pretty confident that we're having a little girl!

I'm getting excited about this little sweetie pie and planning to take over the moment she arrives and go bow/sparkly moccasin crazy on this kid. David's struck some baby name gold so he's good with with his first being a girl :)

For the record I know absolutely nobody except the parents and child themselves think ultrasound pics are cool but this blog gets turned into a book for the future kiddlets so they win.

Her Halloween mask ;)

Our little alien- that little belly make me happy





You Might Also Like

0 comments