2016!

Monday, January 18, 2016



We're pretty excited about this year and the upcoming addition to our family. The end of the year was pretty busy with work, the holidays, and some trips. Here's some of our end of year memories.

Because I'm a 70 year old at heart and love breakfast food, I requested a Village Inn birthday breakfast- this was back in October but I didn't post it. 


See that club of older ladies behind David? I told him if he dies first, I'm going to go to Village Inn every Saturday with the other widows. He laughed at me and told me to go ahead. 


We went to a Halloween party with friends and we won the toilet paper mummy game. David was pretty good at wrapping me and my growing belly quickly. 

Preston and I went to lunch with Grandma and Grandpa Smith which was fun.

In October, David's work was considering a new office space in downtown Salt Lake right by a frontrunner stop. So we decided to test it out one Saturday and take the frontrunner to Salt Lake, check out the walk to the office, go to the mall and have dinner.


We enjoyed trying something new but I was glad when they chose another location to move the office to because the stop was right by where all the homeless services are in Salt Lake and I would have worried about David.

CA + NYC

I've been doing some traveling lately. First I went to the headquarters of company in Menlo Park in Northern California on 1 Hacker's Way (hint, hint). It was so we could participate in a holiday pop up shop for their employees. I don't think I was allowed to take pictures but here are some pictures from a tour we took with an employee, sorry Mark.

Here's our booth. I was sick so I tried not to get photographed. Sick + pregnant is not a fun combo because of the lack of medications allowed. 

We got to check out one of the roof gardens. It was super cool and how I would expect a billion dollar tech company to look like. 


We mostly spent our time in a vanilla multi-purpose room but we did hear a little about some cool virtual reality projects and saw some staff vending machines full of tech gadgets so that lived up to this company's reputation.
Next was my best friend's wedding in Northridge during New Years. I've never been part of a wedding party (except for my own) so that was a fun experience. 
Em and Justin at the rehearsal. They were so cute :)

It was fun being the bumpin' bridesmaid. I was glad Emilie choose black for our dresses because maternity wear happens to come in black often.

Here's the rehearsal dinner where I recounted the time Emilie and I had a sleepover where we traded books and read the whole time- we were party animals. It's crazy that you make a friend in elementary school, turn around and now you both graduated college, have careers and are married. Pinch me!

NYC

Then last week I went on a quick trip to New York last week and enjoyed it at 27 weeks along. My boss is awesome and I think let us Uber more than she usually would for me. Now I'm in the third trimester and don't plan on taking any other big trips.

We had a few meetings with Vogue and other magazines in the One World Trade Center. It was such a gorgeous (and high security) building. One of the editors told us how to get to the shopping/food court section from the Conde Nast offices and she told us they called that area "Dubai" because of the palm trees and insanely high end shops. I took a picture of "Dubai."



 We did check out some high end shops- I took this picture before the associate asked me not to... haha.
I should have taken pictures of the city itself but it was a little bit of a whirlwind trip. I loved it and am so lucky I got to go.


Baby Girl Update 

I can't get over the size of the newborn clothes (I was showing size relative to my hand), I can't believe we will have someone who will fit into these clothes in just three months! Luckily I've had a really easy/healthy pregnancy so far and I'm hoping to keep it that way. I get to do the glucose test this week and that should be super enjoyable... not. 

20 Weeks Photos (8 weeks ago)

Unless I wear well-fitted, not flowy maternity clothes people still don't notice I'm pregnant. Usually my boss or coworkers will tell someone new I'm pregnant. I think it's because I'm tall and carry wide- she's stretched out across me most of the time. Her bum is usually butted up against my left side and I feel little flutters on my right. I don't blame her, I spread out in bed too haha. 


I felt her hiccuping this week and I hadn't felt that before. She's the most active at night, usually around 10:30. I'm scared and keep telling her she should switch up her schedule because after she's born I'd really love if she was asleep then. 

We still haven't picked a name, mostly because I'm being indecisive. I realize we'll love whatever name we pick because we'll love her but I really want to love the name. There are sooooo many variables- is it too trendy, is it meaningful, will it sound good when she's older? We have about five we both like but I don't really love one more than the others. Probably once it gets a little closer I'll just bite the bullet and pick one. 

We're really excited for the coming 2016 adventures and to welcome a new member to our team :) 



You Might Also Like

0 comments