Baby Boy Room Plan

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

I was a little intimidated by the whole novel gender thing for a second but then I just got really excited! Little suspenders and bow ties! Trying not to get pee squirted! Cars and legos! Manly things! 

All that extended to his room planning. I'm super pumped (do people even say that, ha) to design his room and it's actually the room where I'm furthest in the planning stage. He's going to have an explorer/adventure themed room. Scotty's nursery was more centered around colors and not a theme, which is fine and worked with her room being half office/half nursery. But with more room and wall space I felt like I wanted more direction for decor than just colors. 

Honestly, it's not super original but it is fun and I felt like I could see it transitioning well to an imaginative toddler space. Here's where my head is at as far as visuals:

Here's where this room (previously inhabited by an 8 year old girl) started at:

Here's my floor plan:


The wall color was Benjamin Moore Ozark Shadows and honestly in this natural light you can tell it's a very nice moody grey. It's really rich. But it's just too dark for a kid's room. Especially at night. It's so close but not quite.

I went back and forth a bunch on whether or not to just cover the hearts and keep this grey. Painting this room has been a pain in my tush but I really really like the lighter grey.
He's inheriting Scotty's Ikea dresser and crib. She got our country french dresser and mirror since the captain's bed David made is our new dresser. I literally don't know when, if ever, we'll take Scotty out of the crib. Guys, you don't argue with 12 stinking hours of sleep a night. Is it a thing to let your child be in diapers and a crib until kindergarten #imscaredofchange

And yes, we do have a name picked out in case you saw that hint. Don't ask me about it. I loved so many boy names and as soon as we found out we were pregnant I hated them all. I did that with girl names too. As soon as it gets real I get cold feet so it's better to just commit. So I will not discuss the chosen name that I once loved and now kind of hate. You'll find out when I give birth.



You Might Also Like

0 comments