Life Lately!

Saturday, September 14, 2019

Being pregnant is so hard because you're anticipating something so big and exciting for the better part of a year while also trying to simultaneously savor what's happening in your life day to day. 

So here's some regular, wonderful things that have been going on around here lately:

This beautiful lady started pre-school with Teacher Pat! She's learning so much and I'm so proud of her for navigating this next step. I just love watching her build her skills and confidence and I'm a little sad I don't get to have her all the time. It's kind of a weird premonition of the future where I'll send her into the world more and more and hope she can learn from it and not get hurt. Parenting is crazy!!





Weekend David brings chef David who can always figure out how to make something new, foreign and delicious from our pantry. I documented him making this homemade Asian noodle dish this last month. I'm also looking forward to having this baby because he stocked up on meats to make a bunch of Mexican dishes while I'm recovering next month. 





Scotty got her first hair cut. I thought we could make it to kindergarten but the way it was growing, it would be to her knees by then. Plus, we both hated brushing it. So half a YouTube video later and I was cutting it short. It's so cute on her and we both now enjoy brushing it. Win-win!





I've finally gotten around to a couple lingering house projects that were nagging me: painting the almond colored interior of the front door to match the white trim and finally staining the newel posts on the stairs. It feels so good to have those off my list before I try to mom 3 kids, 3 and under.


This curly-haired cutie is officially 18 months and he's not slowing down. He's still 95% for height and 24 pounds (which Scotty does not fully appreciate when she provokes him).


He can push chairs and climb on all the counters. He can get on any bathroom countertop from the toilet. He's very physical but such a sweetie. He blows me kisses from his crib when I lie him down for bed. 



He's also learning new words and animal sounds all the time. Russell-bug we love you!


Our amazing neighbor invited Scotty and some of her friends to a dance class she teaches but isn't full yet. Scotty loved it... though the jury is out if she loved the dancing or just getting to wear a pretty new outfit for the class.



We also went camping with a couple different friend-families at the end of August. It was fun and tiring and worth it. We love our family and making fun memories and we can't wait to meet the newest one in the next few weeks.









You Might Also Like

0 comments