Catching Up

Wednesday, February 12, 2014


I've had 2 jobs (I'll explain later) and school since mid-December. You might have noticed my posts becoming much less frequent around that time and now I have a bit to catch up on. So hold on for a recap of our recent Hatch Happenings.

Christmas
We were with David's family in Tooele for Christmas. It was so much fun, we loved spending time with everyone. I recently told David I hit the jack pot of in-laws and I think Christmas was a perfect example of why.

My favorite memories are the post-Christmas nerf gun war, the hilarious/cute times with the kids, tuning out the kids long enough to go crazy on a puzzle with Colleen and Annette, and Noelle unexpectedly breaking into David and I's conversation as we were waking up in bed one morning- who knows how long she had been in the basement with us.

Speaking of Noelle, here's a picture of that mischievous cutie on Christmas eve
Hatch Happenings
Nativity dress up time!

Hatch Happenings
Seriously all our nephews are stinkin' cute. They'll probably hate me for telling them that when they're older.

Hatch Happenings
Henry just munched on one of the wise men's gifts.

Hatch Happenings
I loved watching the chaos of it from the couch next to David.

Hatch Happenings
He narrated the nativity story somewhat successfully over the noise.

Hatch Happenings
And I grabbed Henry to take some pictures because who can resist those cheeks?

Hatch Happenings
Never to young for a selfie. #doublechin

Hatch Happenings
Classic Mary riding her trusty donkey, also know as Dad.

Hatch Happenings
There were sheep roaming around too.

Hatch Happenings

Hatch Happenings
More wise men.

Hatch Happenings
Of course we eventually got cabin fever and had to take a trip around the block to calm everyone down. I'm pretty sure the kids wanting to play with me ends as soon as we have kids of our own to chase down so I'd better enjoy being the fun aunt for now.

Hatch Happenings

Our Second Winter
It's been pretty warm lately but in December it snowed like crazy. I took a few pictures of our first time being in charge of clearing our own driveway- Remember it's a huge circular one?

Hatch Happenings
You can barely see where the driveway ends and the grass starts.

Hatch Happenings
We stuck a ruler in the snow on our balcony to check out the snowfall.

Hatch Happenings

Hatch Happenings

Hatch Happenings
We dream of the day we buy a snow blower, but for now we have fun shoveling together. Though David did say, "we need to have kids" while we were clearing the driveway once.

My Second Job + Why we have pictures of nude mannequins

Hatch Happenings 
This summer I interned in our local hospital's Communications Department. I really loved my experience and the team there so when the department manager asked me in December to help put on a veterans event in January, I said yes!

The event was awesome, all the hospital employees who were veterans loved it. One of the elements of the event was a display of memorabilia and uniforms. We didn't really have a good way to display the uniforms so it was decided to try and borrow some mannequins. 

After calling around, Banana Republic let us borrow a couple of their mannequins- they ended up just letting them keep them too. David was so awesome and helped me pick them up after work from the mall. It was so funny and awkward wheeling around the nude mannequins.

Hatch Happenings

Hatch Happenings

Hatch Happenings

Hatch Happenings

Hatch Happenings

Hatch Happenings
Now I'm back down to just two major obligations life has been much easier but I'm grateful for this fun experience and that I can add event planning to my resume. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments