Pregnancy Memories

Wednesday, February 10, 2016



Since we make our blogs into books annually I wanted to write a few memories from this pregnancy to look back on. 

Hiccups: Weirdly enough when she gets hiccups I feel kind of tired and winded. Maybe because she's so big now? Or it's like sympathy tiredness because it feels like her whole body is moving with the hiccups and they go on for a while which must be exhausting.  

Big Booty: She's been doing this for a while but she's very into sticking her behind out on my left or right side. It's weird to look down and see a huge bump on one side of my stomach and feel it and be like yep, that's your rump kid. Make yourself comfortable. It's also odd that the other side of my stomach feels completely empty when she does this. She really enjoys a good snuggle to one side, which I'm thinking will mean swaddling will be a must with this one. 

Left side probs: They say the best side to sleep on is your left for blood flow and digestion purposes. But every time I do I feel some sort of baby limb slide underneath me as far left as possible and it makes me feel like I'm squishing her. She doesn't care I need heartburn relief occasionally I guess, haha. 

Disappearing Belly Button: David enjoys checking in and laughing at my disappearing belly button. I didn't really think about this prior to pregnancy so it's been kind of weird. I think David's hoping it will pop out at some point and since I'm 32 weeks (!) tomorrow he still might see it happen.

Nesting: If I had the time and money was not an object I would buy everything we still need tomorrow. I just want to be crazy prepared- bags packed, car seat in the car, baby clothes washed, sheets on the crib, nursery decorated, freezer meals prepared, classes taken, all books read tomorrow. I know I still have 2 months to go but I have this urge to be ready at any second. I think I'm compensating for the uncertainty and lack of control that comes with first-time parenthood. I know it's going to be hard and I want to, at least on this end of it, do everything I can in advance to be successful. 

Nursery!! So I've gone back and forth with this- practical me says "babies don't care what the nursery looks like" and hormonal, first time mom me says "only the best, cutest everything for my baby girl!!" I've tried to keep a happy medium, such as not painting the room, but also picking colors and so all the fabrics/decorations go together, which is fun. Plus her room is half office half nursery so I love that part of the room can feel baby dedicated, not baby after-thought in a corner.




I got some white Ikea frames for these two prints. I love the happy gold foil hearts and this gorgeous floral print. And these are some fun things I've found that I'm debating getting:




I'm enjoying pregnancy but I can't wait to meet this little girl in April! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments