Humor Me

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Being a mom of a toddler is the craziest. It's fun and exhausting and hilarious. But the thing about any problem that occurs is that it breaks up the expected monotony of my daily routine and if looked at with a sense of humor, problems actually become laughable blessings. So here's some recent crazy things that've made me laugh.



Sour Scotty

Scottlyn has recently acquired the useful skill of unscrewing lids (the smart little monkey!). Dinner time is a challenge because she's usually a little cranky and mom is not providing undivided attention. I had two almost empty bottles of lemon juice I pulled out for the dish I was making so I handed her one thinking it would be fun for her to hold and be involved with dinner. That cray-pants baby took off down the hall with her prize.

Mommy finished up what she was doing and found Scotty in the office sucking on the bottle of now open lemon juice. There were also tale-tale drops of moisture on the carpet around that area. I don't know how much she drank but I just sat there and laughed as she drank her lemon juice before confiscating it and taking her outside to move wood chips around the yard until Daddy came home.



Gross. Gross. Gross.

I marvel again and again that I deal with a fair bit of gross stuff without much hesitation. The cliche about it being not as bad when it's your kid is true for me at least. With ONE exception: tub floaters. I have banned and re-banned Scotty from taking baths, exiling her to showers with mom, vowing to never again be naive enough to let her into a tub full of warm water only to soften up and run a bath for that water loving baby.

I can't even tell you the level of panic that occurs when those ominous bubble float up from that tiny derrière that foreshadow the arrival of floaters. This last week I was (of course) not fast enough at snatching her away from doing the deed and not only did she go but she proceeded to grab for her um... nuggets. Much shrieking came from me. I don't know if this is hilarious or pathetic but I just could not deal so I let the tub drain and just closed the door and came back later after I mentally reconciled myself to cleaning the biohazard. If you're wondering, she had an uneventful bath today. I like to live on the wild side apparently.


What a hot dog

She used to fling her food onto the floor but we think she wised up to the fact that sometimes mom and dad put that same food back on her tray. So yesterday Scotty was dipping hot dog pieces into her ketchup and was apparently done but had two pieces left. Anticipating mom trying to get her to eat more she covertly dropped them both down the front of her shirt.


And if none of this amused you, this story a man told about what happened when his roomba ran over dog poop made me laugh until I teared up.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I LOVE the last photo of her little feet crossed on the piano bench!

    ReplyDelete