Scotty's Big News

Monday, October 30, 2017


We're so excited to be welcoming a little boy around March 16! Scotty might be the center of all our announcing but sometimes I think it's comical the hugeness of what she's oblivious to. I don't think this girl will know what hit her. I'm kind of scared #divatoddler
When I found out I was pregnant we went shirt shopping because I wanted her to wear a big sister shirt when David came home. I thought it would be a cute way to tell him. I mean it wasn't a big surprise to him but still fun.

Unfortunately she's so tiny we had to get her a shirt that was huge for her, ha. I put her in it at bedtime and David finally read her shirt 30 minutes after she'd been running around in it and asked, "Is this a pregnancy announcement?" By that time the suspense was killing me even though it was such a low key announcement.
I did the same thing at my parents house. I changed Scotty, gave her to my dad and told him, "check out Scotty's shirt Grandpa." Instead my parents cooed over Scotty's cuteness for five minutes before I reminded them to look at the shirt again- haha! I guess it was a little too subtle for everyone. It did work at a Smith family dinner though so I finally felt like my idea was justified.


The really exciting part is getting to have a little boy. I didn't ever want to be a "boy mom" or a "girl mom" so having one of each at the beginning is nice. And I'm toying with the idea of letting gender be a surprise from here on out because we'll have what we need for both genders. 

I kind of thought it might be a boy because this pregnancy has been SO much different than my first. But I also figured each time would be different no matter what. Both David and I said we were disappointed for one second at the ultrasound reveal and we realized it would have happened either way. We would have been excited for another girl but disappointed about not getting a boy or we were a little sad about not having a little Scotty 2.0. The truth is we're both really excited to meet him and we'll love him for exactly who he is. 

So now I'm in full project mode because the nesting will not stop until I push this kid out!

You Might Also Like

1 comments